Paella Chicken Recipe
Chicken Spanish paella recipes are the best of all, uniquely cooked and served in a pan that makes your cleaning
- ½ tsp saffron threads
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g chorizo sausages (sliced)
- 1 large brown onion (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1.4kg chicken pieces (trimmed)
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 ½ cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Take a small bowl, add saffron and boiling water in it, and set aside.
- Take a paella pan or a large and deep, frying pan and heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook for 2 minutes while stirring. Transfer them on a plate with a paper towel to let it absorb all the oil.
- Add remaining oil, onion, and garlic to the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until soft. Add chicken and cook while turning it often until golden, nearly 5 – 6 minutes. Add wine and ½ stock. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer. Give it a turn occasionally and then cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until the liquid has almost evaporated.
- Add the rice, saffron mixture, tomatoes, paprika, and 1 ½ cups stock. Simmer it again, uncover it, and stir it occasionally so that it doesn’t stick to the pan. Cook until the liquid is completely absorbed but make sure not to burn.
- Add the peas, chorizo, and remaining ½ cup stock. Simmer for 5 – 7 minutes and season your delicious Spanish paella gluten-free with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!