Paella Seafood recipes
The seafood paella recipe is one of the gluten-free paellas having a lot of protein. It is cooked on the grill in a large skillet. The protein content is obtained from the loaded mussels, shrimp, and clams. You can make it to add deliciousness and appreciation to the fun-filled party.
- 4 ½ cups chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon saffron threads (crumbled and loosely measured)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ yellow onion (finely chopped)
- ½ red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 6 ounces mild dried chorizo sausage (sliced into thin half-moons)
- 3 cups short-grain rice, such as Spanish Bomba rice or Italian Arborio
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1-pound large (21-24 per pound) shrimp (peeled and deveined, with tails left on)
- 1-pound mussels (rinsed and scrubbed)
- 1 pound littleneck clams (rinsed and scrubbed)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (for garnish)
- Heat the gas grill to medium-high heat and light the charcoal. Let it burn until you see the charcoal covered with gray ash.
- Boil the chicken broth over medium heat. Add crumbled saffron threads and salt. Turn the heat off and let the threads steep for 15 minutes at least.
- Take a stainless-steel skillet of size 12 – 14 inches or an iron pan, add the oil, and heat over medium heat. Add the onions and red pepper and cook until the onion is translucent. Add the garlic and chorizo and give it a good stir. The sofrito base is ready.
- Set your skillet with sofrito, rice, tomatoes, saffron-infused stock, salt, peas, shrimp, mussels, and clams.
- Put the skillet on the grill, add the rice, and stir often until the rice gets toasted and get the golden coat of oil.
- Add tomatoes and peas and stir.
- Spread the rice evenly in the bottom of the pan, cover the grill, and let it simmer for at least 15 minutes.
- Now set mussels, clams, shrimp, and shellfish over the rice and cover the pan with foil.
- Cook paella for 7 – 10 minutes or until it is completely cooked, and mussels and clams are open. If you find some shellfish tightly packed when everything is cooked, discard it.
- Sprinkle the dish with parsley and serve the pan to the table.